Your wedding reception is the time to celebrate your big day, kick back, let loose and enjoy all of the time (and likely, blood, sweat and tears 😉 that you’ve put into getting ready for the day. The Reception is the main event where I help both plan and execute the details to fit what you have envisioned for weeks, months and maybe even years!
- Planning & Coordination of the Reception – where we cover the event highlights, timeline, music selection. It’s personalized, customized and uses my online planning system.
- Have a Coordinator? Great – we’re all in better hands. I’m always glad to work with your coordinator or designated person. FWIW – I do recommend hiring one too (I hired one for my wedding in 2008)
- MC as your Host – Make announcements to ensure you and your guests know what’s going on and what’s upcoming. Engage the crowd with a friendly and professional presence.
- Work and Coordinate with the other vendors to ensure we are all on the same page – catering staff, photographers, coordinator, and others.
DJ Music Selections are always well known, popular picks from all eras, genres and styles – customized to your liking.
- Assist with planning and recommendations on Lighting, Decor and other enhancements to help your wedding stand above the rest.
With everything noted above plus some, I tailor my services, style, music and approach to fit YOUR vision, not mine.
The wedding reception is typically the “Main DJ Setup” typically in the reception ballroom or main event space. Like many DJs, I price our packages based on the event details (Date, Times, Locations, etc.) and the amount of equipment required. The main reception system typically includes:
- Main DJ Sound System (2 Main Speakers, Amps, Etc.)
- Main DJ Computer Station (Music, Software, Etc.)
- Wireless Microphones for MC’ing and Toasts/Announcements
- Mixing Board, 4 channel, 2 mics & Aux Inputs, w/ Effects
- And I always bring my own Table, Linens and Skirting (Black)
Additional Equipment Possibly Necessary
There are times when your reception may have additional requirements such as:
- Remote Surround Speakers (for large or obscure rooms)
- Remote Wireless Speaker Systems (for cocktail hours or sound requirements in an additional space)
- Remote Mini System (Full service stand-alone system (Music, Speakers, Microphones) for additional area coverage
- Upgraded Sound System (for larger weddings or ones that want bigger oomph)
A Typical Wedding Reception Flow
A wedding reception usually begins with a Cocktail Hour and either guests arriving to the venue from offsite, or possibly nearby for an onsite wedding ceremony. A typical wedding reception may contain and flow as follows*:
- Cocktail Hour
- Wedding Party Introductions
- First Dance Bride/Groom
- Intros, Welcomes & Blessings/Prayers
- Dinner Service
- Family Dances
- Open Dancing
- Formalities (Cake Cutting, Bouquet/Garter)
- More Open Dancing
- Last Dance / Conclusion
*The above order is only one of many possibilities and options. Your event may and likely will vary. During our planning sessions, we’ll determine the best order of events and flow possible to fit your needs and wishes.
“Real Weddings” – Reception Pictures
To view a sampling of “Real Weddings” that are using Wedding Reception Services, visit our wedding & event blog…Real Events w/ Wedding reception Services