As mentioned earlier on my Event Planning Page, Wedding planning takes on a life of it’s own – much more than planning a corporate event, dinner/fundraiser or similar. During our initial consultation, we will have already covered some of the details and highlights of your event, but it’s the detailed planning during the months and weeks leading to your wedding that will really bring it all together.
Once you have booked your wedding, I will setup your Online Planning Accounts and setup your files. You will receive your “Welcome Packet” via mail and email with further instructions on how things work.
Wedding Planning System
All Wedding DJ/MC Packages include this comprehensive planning system which includes, but is not limited to:
1. My Experience – I have personally worked over 400+ events with 300+ of them being weddings. You will have full, unlimited access to me via phone, email, text message and personal meetings & consultations. I don’t limit any of this and am at your call whenever you need! (Some vendors limit correspondence)
2. Online Client Resource Center – Part of my Online Planning System, A password protected area on my website full of resources, information, song lists, music ideas, notes, secure payment gateways, links, documents, etc.
3. Online Event Planning Questionnaire – also part of the Online Planning System, a separate yet personalized and customized online database system full of over 100+ questions, fill in the blanks, drop down questions, etc. This is where we get to learn the specifics of your event.
From the day you book through the days leading up to your wedding, we will be continuously planning and taking care of you and your event.
Upon booking, you will receive a welcome packet via email and mail which includes all of the information to access and use the planning tools noted above. You’ll also receive all of my contact information should you need to contact me at any time.
Final Detailed Planning Meeting
As your wedding approaches, we’ll schedule our final planning meeting to review all of the details and notes. We usually meet 1-3 weeks prior and review things such as:
- Time Line / Agenda
- Overall Look, Feel, Mood & Style of your event.
- Wedding Ceremony Details and/or Reception Highlights
- Bridal Party Members (assuming we’re doing Introductions) Pronunciations, Order, Etc.
- Special Songs (First Dances, Introductions, Family Dances, etc.)
- Music (What you want to hear and more importantly, what you do not want to hear = Do NOT play list)
- Anything else that you would like to cover
Once we cover all of the wedding planning details, they will be uploaded or updated to the online event questionnaire. From here, we can maintain, change, view and print the details.
During the last few days prior to the event, I personally review the planning information once again, and print out final reports and planners – This is what I use to ensure your event is run perfectly! I usually bring additional copies for other vendors as well, such as the photographer, videographers, coordinators, etc.
Working with a Coordinator?
No problem and I even recommend a coordinator (I used one for my wedding in June 2008) It is very common for us DJ’s to work in conjunction with a professional coordinator. I’ll even be glad to recommend some great coordinators to you. No Coordinator? No Problem – I’ll help you cover all of the key details, ideas and ensure your wedding or event runs smoothly!